Overview of our current and upcoming activities
- International project on the foraging ecology of King Penguins in the Magellan Strait, Chile (Project 39/22).
- Field work on Hummock Island, Falkland Islands: Various projects on flora and fauna, incl. filming of a documentary.
- Field work on Hummock Island, Falkland Islands: Servicing of technical installations, penguin counts, various projects on flora and fauna.
- Publication of newsletter 20/2021.
- Publication of the new calendar 2022.
17 April 2021
- Premiere of the TV documentation “ANTARKTIKA – Die geforene Zeit” on ARTE at 20:15.
Dr. Klemens Pütz was scientific advisor in this documentary, which takes you on a journey from New Zealand via the Auckland, Campbell and Maquarie Islands to the Ross Sea in Antactica .
- Contunuation of the restoration project on Hummock Island, Falkland Islands, by further tussac plantations. Overall, 45,000 tillers were planted.
- International diving project on Hummock Island to study the impact of eroded peat on the coastal benthic communities. Further surveys of flora and fauna.
- Monitoring of the coastal bird populations on the Sea Lion Islands (Rum, Brandy, Whisky and Sea Lion Easterly) by Sally Poncet & Ken Passfield.
- Field work on Hummock Island, Falkland Islands, by Sally Poncet & Ken Passfield: Servicing of technical installations, penguin counts, recovery of the GLS-loggers deployed in 2019 on Rockhopper Penguins and various projects on flora and fauna.
- Publication of the book La flore de l’Île de Hummock, Îles Falkland by Alizée Fouchard and Katharina Kreissig [in French].
- Publication of the book Die Pflanzen von von Hummock Island, Falklandinseln by Katharina Kreissig and Alizée Fouchard [in German].