Overview of our current and upcoming activities
- Continuation of the restoration project on Hummock Island, Falkland Islands, by further tussac plantations.
- International project in cooperation with Dr. Alejandro Simeone (Andres-Bello University, Santiago, Chile) and Dr. Thomas Mattern (Tawaki Project) to investigate the winter dispersal of Humboldt Penguins in Chile (Project 42/23).
- International project in cooperation with Dr. Alejandro Simeone (Andres-Bello University, Santiago, Chile), Dr. Pablo Garcia-Borboroglu (Global Penguin Society) and Dr. Yves Cherel (Centre for Biological Studies, Chizé, France) on the foraging ecology of King Penguins in Parque Pinguino Rey in the the Magellan Strait, Chile (Project 41/23).
- Field work on Hummock Island, Falkland Islands, by Klemens Pütz: Various projects on flora and fauna, including deployment of camera loggers on Magellanic Penguins (Project 40/23).
- Expedition to the Bounty and Antipodes Islands, New Zealand, in cooperation with Dr. Thomas Mattern (Tawaki Project) and Dr. Pablo Garcia-Borboroglu (Global Penguin Society) to study the foraging ecology of Erect-crested and Eastern Rockhopper Penguins (Project 39/22).
- Publication of our Newsletter 18-22. [in German]
- Publication of the new Calendar 2023.
- Start of the winter krill project at South Georgia in cooperation with the Government of South Georgia and the British Antarctic Survey. Tracking of Gentoo penguins to evaluate potential interactions with the commercial winter krill fishery (Project 38/22).