Overview of our current and upcoming activities
- International project in cooperation with Dr. Alejandro Simeone (Andres-Bello University, Santiago, Chile), Dr. Pablo Garcia-Borboroglu (Global Penguin Society) and Dr. Yves Cherel (Centre for Biological Studies, Chizé, France) on the foraging ecology of King Penguins in Parque Pinguino Rey in the the Magellan Strait, Chile (Project 41/23).
- Field work on Hummock Island, Falkland Islands, by Klemens Pütz: Various projects on flora and fauna, including deployment of camera loggers on Magellanic Penguins (Project 40/23).
- Expedition to the Bounty and Antipodes Islands, New Zealand, in cooperation with Dr. Thomas Mattern (Tawaki Project) and Dr. Pablo Garcia-Borboroglu (Global Penguin Society) to study the foraging ecology of Erect-crested and Eastern Rockhopper Penguins (Project 39/22).
- Publication of Newsletter 18-2022.
- Publication of the new calendar 2023.
- Start of the winter krill project at South Georgia in cooperation with the Government of South Georgia and the British Antarctic Survey. Tracking of Gentoo penguins to evaluate potential interactions with the commercial winter krill fishery (Project 38/22).
- Continuation of the restoration project on Hummock Island, Falkland Islands, by further tussac plantations.
- Field work on Hummock Island, Falkland Islands, by Klemens Pütz: Various projects on flora and fauna.
- Publication of Newsletter 17-2021.
- Publication of the new calendar 2022.
- Continuation of the restoration project on Hummock Island, Falkland Islands, by further tussac plantations. Overall, 45,000 tillers were planted.
- International diving project on Hummock Island in cooperation with the Shallow Marine Surveys Group (SMSG) from Stanley, Falkland Islands, to study the impact of eroded peat on the coastal benthic communities. Further surveys of flora and fauna.
- Monitoring of the coastal bird populations on the Sea Lion Islands (Rum, Brandy, Whisky and Sea Lion Easterly) by Sally Poncet & Ken Passfield.
- Field work on Hummock Island, Falkland Islands, by Sally Poncet & Ken Passfield: Servicing of technical installations, penguin counts, recovery of the GLS-loggers deployed in 2019 on Rockhopper Penguins and various projects on flora and fauna.